Monday, October 02, 2006

Funny Thing

Sometimes the WAIT actually reveals something great. As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been submitting my scrapbook layouts and altered projects to design team calls and various contests more deliberately lately. And I am thrilled to say that something wonderful has happened.

I have been asked to join the Scrappin Trends design team. www.scrappintrends.com .

How cool is that?

Too fun. Elisa, the owner of the site called me on my cell phone this morning after I dropped Hannah off at preschool. I was online checking the MM Idol finalist announcement and the phone rang. I was giddy with excitement and even asked her to hold on for a second while I literally RAN to the front door and out onto my driveway so that I would get better reception. LOL!!

All in all in sounds like a fabulous opportunity to stretch my creativity further, possibly inspire some scrapbookers, become amazingly inspired by the other designers and contributers at the site, and hopefully get some more exposure for my designs. A win, win in my book :) .

So, I guess taking a more deliberate approach at submitting and "waiting" was the right step. I'll keep creating, but then continue to submit when my work fits a call.

Aside from scrapping, my day was very Monday . . . the kids always have trouble getting along on Mondays for some reason. Perhaps exhausted from the weekend activities, withdrawal from "daddy time", tired from a day of back to school stuff, or whatever. But boy are Mondays tough. It was kind of fun walking Dakota home from school today in the rain though . . . Hannah, her best friend Anna, Dakota and I were caught completely unprepared and we got soaked! We tried to make it fun (but Dakota failed to see the humor in it -- sometimes he is just so serious!). Love that little boy -- quirks and all.

2 comments:

*Jeanne* said...

Congrats to you! WooHoo! I have been doing the same thing like you. Just submitting a bunch!

I am so excited to be a part of the same DT as you. I can't wait to see more of your designs. Also love to get to know you better.

Doing the happy dance with you!

horseygal said...

WTG!