Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Fun Opportunity!!

My LSS owner called me last night to ask if I would participate in an event that the Chicago Tribune (Chicago's largest newspaper) is putting together next week. They are calling it the Iron Chef of Scrapbooking LOL!! Apparently I will be matched up with one other scrapbooker from another LSS and we will be given 10 photos, a "surprise theme" and 60 minutes to create a layout. Then Jennifer Adams Donnelly (CK HOF 2006) will be the judge. I have to pick out supplies from my LSS without knowing the photos or theme and bring them along to work with. The Tribune is using this event as a way to create a feature about the scrapbooking industry and local scrapbooking stores. It is tentatively scheduled to be the cover story of the At Play section of the paper on March 29th.

It should be fun, but I am frightened of the 60 minute time limit!!! I am soooooooo not a fast scrapper !!

No comments: