Wednesday, April 26, 2006

So the story goes . . .

I've recently discovered this world of web logs (blogs) . . . yep, I know, they've been around for years. But somehow this way of recording my thoughts and journaling life's little moments got past me. The idea of keeping a journal on my computer is intriguing to me. I am a lover of all things related to preserving memories of everyday life. Mostly for my children to look back on some day and giggle, but also for me -- as a visual expression of creativity and as a way to embed snapshots of this life in my memory. Watching Chad's grandmother endure the agony of alzheimer's is a reminder to me that I may not always remember these days as clearly as I do now. So, with that, I plunge into my blog titled "Ice Cream Kisses and Popsicle Dreams". A lengthy title, but one that brings me joy - reminding me of Hannah and Dakota. Before bed every night, they have their "night-night snack". Hannah is my ice cream girl and Dakota is my popsicle guy. This bedtime ritual is something I treasure . . . . perhaps not the healthiest habit, but consumed in moderation with oodles of love on the side, it's here to stay.

No comments: